Our Holiday Huts are self-contained and built especially for you
In an increasingly competitive tourist market it is important to stand out from the crowd and our shepherd huts can help you to do do exactly that. Roomy enough to accommodate a shower room and a kitchen, the holiday hut can provide everything your holidaymakers or family need to make their stay a memorable one.
Bed and Breakfast
For B&B owners looking to expand, a shepherd’s hut can provide the perfect solution. Our Holiday Huts can be equipped with a kitchen and bathroom to provide customers with a self-contained retreat or more simply a private and novel en-suite bedroom. What’s more our shepherd huts arrive fully fitted out and ready to use so there will be none of the disruption and lost revenue that comes with building an extension.
Equally shepherd huts make a charming edition to any glampsite or campsite and with a wood burning stove you can offer cosy, year round accommodation.
If your site needs a shower block, a shepherd hut can provide the perfect solution here too. Divide it in two, place a door at both ends and you have the perfect mobile toilet and shower facility.
With composting toilets, gas showers and solar power options, the Holiday Hut is also the perfect solution for those looking to provide an off-grid solution for those looking to provide eco-friendly hoildays to the rapidly growing market.
Benefits of shepherd huts
- Can be sited almost anywhere
- On or off grid solution
- Eco-friendly – appealing to the escalating number of eco-tourists
- Year round accommodation – more bookable nights per year
- Family friendly
- Ideal shower block and site office
- Each hut is unique and designed specifically for you.
- When purchased complete requires minimal set up
- Long lasting investment
- Perfectly at home on a farm, in a garden or a meadow
How much can be charged depends on several factors such as location and the quality of the facilities however existing glampsite owners are charging in excess of a £150 a night in the high season. Take a look at our in-depth article on what you can expect to earn from your shepherd hut.
If you think that this might be for you and would like more information either read our article on Farm Diversification or get in touch and we would be happy to go through the options. We can even help with marketing ideas and the planning process.
As our Holiday Huts are designed specifically for you there is nothing standard about them, however they come with the following as a minimum;
- Traditional cast iron wheels
- Steerable chassis
- Draw bar
- High quality insulation throughout
- Windows, one single and one double, double glazed, cottage style with hand forged, traditional fastenings
- Stable door with hand forged, traditional fastenings
- Internal wood cladding painted from a choice of Farrow & Ball colours
- Exterior clad in Plastisol coated, galvanised, corrugated steel and over painted from a choice of Farrow & Ball colours
- Pine wood flooring
- Oak steps
- Fitted double bed
- Under bed storage cupboard
- Painted pine shelf above bed on end wall
- 2kw, wood burning stove with a flat plate for your kettle, raised metal hearth with wood storage beneath, heat retardant boarding and air vent
- Either solar electric package – 12v set, Leisure battery & LED lights. OR. Mains electric pack – central light, two double sockets, 230v system with 16 or 32 amp hook up.
- Kitchen – Belfast sink with hand-built under-sink cupboard and oak worktop.
- Bathroom – shower, toilet and vanity unit complete with stylish sink
Prices from £34,650 Inc. VAT
When using a shepherd’s hut for commercial purposes you should always consult your local planning officer. Whilst the hut itself shouldn’t need planning permission you may need permission to change the use of the land your hut is sited on.
Give us a call or send us an email. We are always happy to answer your questions.
Tel: 07761 983312